Providence Church Membership Info
How to become a member of Providence Church
In the New Testament, when a person is born again, he or she is assumed to be a part of a believing community is grafted into the body of Christ and becomes a member of the universal Church of God. It is our conviction at Providence Church that all members of the universal Church should be vital members of a local believing community where they can devote themselves to teaching, fellowship, prayer and the Lord's Supper. It is in the context of a local church that a believer grows in the knowledge of God, is held accountable for his relationship with Christ, and participates in biblical Christian fellowship. In light of biblical admonitions and the New Testament pattern, we encourage all believers to seek the Lord's guidance and join a local body.
If you would like to become a member at Providence Church please plan to view our Providence Profile Class on video. This class presents who we are as a local body, what we believe, what ministries we offer, and what areas of ministry you can become involved in. The follow-up Question & Answer Luncheon with the pastor is held regularly and we encourage all believers interested in joining Providence to attend.
To unite with Providence Church you must have professed your faith in Christ and have been baptized as a believer. Persons who have professed their faith and desire to unite with our church should follow these steps for membership:
- Complete all online documentation and videos.
- Contact the Church Ministry Coordinator to schedule and attend a Profile Question & Answer Luncheon with the pastor.
- Submit a Membership Application to the Administration Assistant in the church office.
- An Elder will contact you to schedule a Membership Interview*
* Membership Interview is a time for prospective members to ask further questions that might need to be clarified, a time for our church to get to know the prospective member and family, and a time for fellowship.